Project SEED 2013 Application: Now Available
Dear high school
students, parents and teachers,
Thank you for your interest in the Indianapolis Project SEED Summer 2013 Research Internship Program. Because of the substantial opportunity this program presents, a good application will require some time to complete. We anticipate the acceptance of 40 new students into the program this summer and we expect over 100 applications.
All applicants must have completed 2 semesters of chemistry before the program begins and be:
Mature Sophomores – going into Junior year
Juniors – going into Senior year
Seniors* – going into college.
*There are laboratories that require students to be 18 so we encourage Seniors to apply.
In preparation, please:
1. Have your guidance counselor provide you with a school transcript as you will be required to enter many of your course grades into our application. Also gather up scores for your SAT, PSAT, ACT and any AP or IB exams that you have taken. Sometimes these scores appear on your school transcript, sometimes not. Please ask your guidance counselor! (If you have not taken these exams write n/a in those fields as they are 'not available')
2. Create an email account that you will use for the SEED application and for your future college applications. I personally recommend yahoo or gmail, and I recommend dignified email names like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to be more professioal rather than firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may also need to help parents create a free email account as they will need to complete part 4 - the Parent and Financial Information section of the application.
Please make arrangements to attend the mandatory March 12
Click here for March 12 meeting location and details on page 2
Updates and News. If you would like to receive updates and news about the summer research program, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include your name, high school, graduation year and other relevant details.
March 12 - Required Student/Parent Information Meeting at the campus of IUPUI. Click here for details on page 2.
April 1 - Application deadline. All online information should be completed
May 10 - All students will be notified of acceptance status.
June 2 and July
- Start and Finish dates for the summer research program.
*Students from all Indianapolis Public Schools will be provided internships on alternate dates to accommodate the year-round calendar. All students must attend a mandatory orientation on Sunday afternoon, June 2 at 5pm.
1. General Information - click here. This application asks your basic information, school, addresses, and interests.
2. Academic Achievement - click here. Be accurate. You will need to submit your transcript for verification if you are accepted. You may need to look at your transcript.
Recommendation - click here.
Be sure to give your teacher/s at least 1 week advance notice. It takes time. Other mentors and people in your life may write a recommendation also. Give teachers the website www.indyprojectseed.org and there is a place for them to click that will take them to the recommendation page.
and Financial Information click here.
IMPORTANT: This should be completed by your parent/s or legal guardian/s with whom you live. The Parent should have an email different from the student email in parts 1 and 2 so we can communicate with the parent separately. The financial information is required by our sponsors and determines financial eligibility of students receiving a stipend.
After reading this page if you still have questions please contact our program coordinator, Elmer Sanders, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (317) 514-3212